13 June 2012

Evel Knievel once said....



Man, blood, sweat and tears going into the revival of Freakshow, the 1971 VW Westy Camper that has returned to the family after a whirlwind tour of other owners. When I got it back, it ran with some overheating and a sound like a diesel. Found some loose head nuts and figured a topend job would do it! Many grease-covered hours later, Bear and I stabbed the motor in his driveway and fired it up to the same noise. It's bottom end. It's money. So we gotta wait.

I wanted to get this done before Bags' birthday this Monday and I'm not gonna make it. Right now, her Superbeetle is at Matt's house waiting on a re-machined steering box install.

Epic fails on all fronts.

Evel Knievel once said, "A man can fall many times in life, but he isn't a failure until he refuses to get back up." So I keep going in the right direction not sweating that I'm not at the finish line, yet. Just keep pluggin'. Everything falls into place your way if you keep moving your way.

Don't have the answer to this little setback, but I will keep moving in the right direction (looking for the money tree) and things will fall into place my way.



No comments:

Post a Comment