11 October 2012

Life goggles

Man, between the work I do for a living and the work I do for my personal needs/pleasure, the days fly by in a blur. I wake up on a Saturday morning with a full dance card and no opportunity to sleep in. I end up being productive and have fun along the way and then it's Monday and I'm back in the mix of so much going on with so few resources. "Doing more with less", in the yuppie vernacular. You get through a couple of blinks there and suddenly it's mid way through the week and you're trying to fit in more work before the weekend for people that sit on their bloated carcasses and think they're the only folks in the universe. BAM! It's another weekend.

I'm going to be 50yrs old in a couple of years and I feel like I just turned 20. OK, physically I feel like I'm in my 80's, but mentally I'm still enjoying things and wanting to enjoy more things and just noticing that life has a pace that's kinda zooooomier than I like. I want to sip and chew, not wolf and gulp. No control over that.

Gotta get out of the "all work and no play" rut.....last weekend ruined me.  8)

I have alot of runs coming up. There's a Camp Boogie and the Gypsys are putting on a poker run.....I have a car show I'm organizing and there's the Scouting thing. Just attending an LSU game for stretcher bearing duty takes up 12 hours.

Blur!

No comments:

Post a Comment