05 October 2012

So..... how ya been?

So the blog thing kinda slipped as the last few months did a taffy pull on my calendar. Tugged this way and that through alot of good things and bad. Just like you.

On the good side, I was looking to trade the Geezer Glide for something more motor-on-wheels that fits my character and the way I like to roll down the road. Hooked up with Cade about an hour or so away and made the trade for the Softail. One uber-rainy ride back home (sans front fender) and I was used to the bike and lovin' it. Here's a shot of me and bear in the driveway at Casa del Joker after the ride:


Yes, those are semi-truck flappers on the pipes and yes, they've grown on me and are staying. I sent Cade back his homespun iron cross aircleaner plate, had the metal shop guys plasma cut a disc out of stainless and tossed the Sparkle Barbie Glitter Grips for some regular black rubber ones.

With the pipes pointing where bags normally go and a Camp Boogie gypsy run coming up to Arkansas, I needed a way to run a military duffel bag on the back. Enter my buddy Lars, a coworker who's becoming a pretty mean blacksmith:

 
 
Next thing you know, ol' Joker's sportin' a mighty fine sisy bar on the Softail and ready for road trippin'!
 
 
 
 
Sweetness and light.
 
Bags' bus is coming along with the fresh motor (top to bottom with a tasty cam and some carb-foolery) going together at Bear's tonight and getting stabbed tomorrow. Tomorrow night is a gut run to the monthly meeting of VW freaks.
 
Been going to every home LSU game with Ed and his Scout Troop since they function as ushers and stretcher bearers. Never much followed college football, but I gotta tell you, the atmosphere (and eye candy) at those games kinda grabs you.
 
 
Through Facebook, I've hooked up with 3 of my past club brothers and we've been going back and forth on catching up with things. I need to make a run to Iowa, that's for sure. Shortcut's got it made up there. Rocket's doing well as a medical professional now on the east coast and Buddah is living large right in Big D. He and his brothers own that town. For real.
 
 
A lot going on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment